Can't wait for Shark Week?
Here's a compilation of shark-related goodies to keep you from plunging into shark-deprivation madness:
- Watch live sharks in the National Aquarium's blacktip reef exhibit via #sharkcam
- Decorate your desktop with sharks--all the photos in National Geographic's shark profiles and galleries are also available as desktop wallpapers.
- Learn more about sharks
- Give to a shark-related charity
- Buy shark books & DVDs
- Suggest links to add to the web site
#SharkCam at the National Aquarium, Baltimore
Live streaming video by Ustream
Learn more about sharks
- Florida Program for Shark Research & Internation Shark Attack File
- Read SharkDiver's blog, Underwater Thrills, to get a great behind-the-scenes view of diving and filming with sharks, plus good info on shark conservation
- If you tune into sharks only once a year, Smithsonian Magazine catches you up with Top Ten Stories About Sharks Since Last Shark Week
- Like Shark Week, But With Actual Facts is a great round up of shark news and facts by Ed Yong.
- The Dorsal Fin delivers on its promise of shark news without hysteria. Thoughtful responses to Shark Week programing, plus year-round shark news.
- Check out WildAid's shark finning infographic and learn what you can do to fight shark finnning.
- Join the National Aquarium in Baltimore on shark-tagging trip.
- &heart; to tweet? Subscribe to Upwell's list of Shark Influencers a learn about sharks all year long.
- Favorite site not here? Suggest a link
Give to shark charities & shark research
- Shark Research Institute
- Bite-Back Shark & Marine Conservation
- IEMANYA OCEANICA
- Galapagos Conservation Trust
- Shark Trust (UK)
- Wild Aid
- Project Aware
- RJ Dunlap Marine Conservation Program
- Your favorite charity not here? Suggest a link
Buy shark books & DVDs
Still not enough shark to tide you over to the beginning of Shark Week? Try these recommendations for great books and DVDs about sharks: